Friday, October 22, 2010

Well That Didn't Last Long

So here I sit, in an early 90’s t-shirt. After boldly claiming an end to the madness yesterday…the madness decided to stay and brew a bit longer.
Yesterday I got “cute” and put on some designer jeans and a turquoise linen shirt. By 8:45 pm the entire kitchen, Stanton and my cute outfit were all covered in throw-up. This morning I dressed in capri pants and a button down which was covered in throw-up by 8:30 am. Determined to do my best in staying “cute” I put on some black linen pants and a light blue shirt. Sadly, this outfit was covered by 11:45 am. I threw on a pair of cropped jeans and a designer t-shirt for the next go ‘round. It lost the battle of cuteness by 3:15 pm and so had I. At 3:45 pm I found myself back in a comfy, mis-matched pj ensemble; today’s combo being purple bottoms and a college music t-shirt…..which was covered in puke at 8:15 pm.

This is what my day entailed

Throw-up


Cleaning


Laundry

Old pj bottoms and t-shirts wash with towels and bath mats so much easier than linen!  I guess "comfy" will just have to suit me for a bit longer.

In all seriousness, we could use your prayers. It’s so disappointing to be here again, in a place that’s all too familiar for us. Stanton had a great Thursday. He was happy and eager to lick and try bites of this and that throughout the day. Today he is paying the price. He has only been able to keep down a few sips of water and sweet tea. Mark 10:16 tells us that “Jesus took the children up in his arms, put his hands upon them, and blessed them.” Stanton sure could use a blessing.


 

1 comment:

  1. I am praying for you all! Hope his good qualities
    help make up for all the vomit difficulties.
    Something must be available that would stop it.
    Hope you will find it soon. Poor little dude!

    ReplyDelete