Tuesday, October 19, 2010

off Track

 Stanton has been just a little “off” for the last couple of weeks.

 He usually drinks an average of 32 oz of his formula each day, but lately he is down to maybe 15 oz per day. He is grouchy, difficult to entertain, and a bit rough in his play. He hasn’t thrown up since Friday, but is gagging and throwing up in his mouth a lot. He is even gagging to smells lately. He’s refusing juice and water.

He also isn’t going to the bathroom on his own so we’re back to double doses of Miralax. Stanton’s color is a bit “gray” in my opinion. I guess I’m complaining a bit, when really, we are doing okay. Although we are in a funk, we are home and able to gallivant between therapies and playdates. It’s just been a few really long days for us.

We finally received a call from the feeding clinic in Atlanta stating they have an evaluation spot for us. After lots of prayer, thought and input from our therapists, John and I decided to keep all of our doors open for Stanton. Thanks Shirley for reminding us to not give away our blessings! So – I scheduled a December evaluation for the feeding clinic.
If our Cincinnati Children’s visit brings about answers and a road map, I can cancel the feeding evaluation. However, if the doctors in Cincinnati say that a feeding clinic is the best path for Stanton, we’re already on the schedule!

Please pray that the better road for Stanton will be clear and obvious to us. Pray that the doctors we see hear the cries of our hearts and lead us to an answer. Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Ginger, you have already been prayed for this morning! I know more choices mean more decisions, but also could mean more help for Stanton. I think this is great! I will pray for answers, healing, patience, and peace for your sweet family. Keep me posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet little man... So sorry to hear that he is not up to "normal" lately. We love you all and are praying for you.

    ReplyDelete