Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Raisins are a No Go

Oh Bother! Food just isn’t very fun once it finds its way into Stanton’s body! My Mom offered Stanton raisins on Monday. He wasn’t really too excited or interested, but my Mom sent the opened box home with us. I’ve had the box out at his eye level, so if he decided he might want to try one – he could. Today, that enticing little red raisin box caught his eye. Stanton ate 14 raisins throughout the morning. The blow-out diapers began after raisin number 5. He continued to have diaper issues all day. Then tonight, the grouchy, clingy, crying began and was quickly followed by vomiting.


Please don’t tell me that “now you can mark that off your list”. Or that I’m “one step closer to finding something he can eat.” Coming back to the drawing board isn’t really a good place to be. It’s as if we’re traveling over-seas with no translator or map and have lost our passports…confusing, exhausting and frustrating. I just pray that those sweet little raisins move on out soon. I don’t want them to get comfortable and decide to stick around and invite pneumonia over for a party.

5 comments:

  1. lordy, lordy, how discouraging
    what foods can Stanton eat, do you have some?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had no idea. Thanks for sharing this so we can have a glimpse into your frustrating journey. I hope there's something out there he can eat. I just finished telling my daughter she can't have any chocolate for a snack. I get annoyed at how often she asks me for it, but I'm very glad she can actually eat it and it doesn't make her sick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does his GERD get worse as he gets older? Are there regular foods(besides the amino acid formula) he can eat?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fact that you are taking the time to share the reality of your experience will touch and encourage moms who will journey this path. Hugs, Ginger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are still on a search to find "safe" foods. So far, Stanton can eat corn.

    ReplyDelete