Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Connect the Dots

As I dressed Stanton for school this morning, I noticed the dots. They’re back! All over his torso, sides and slowly spreading to his back. I looked at the calendar and guess what? It’s been three and a half weeks since the last dots occurrence. It really is every three weeks or so. He was super irritable and weepy this morning. However, he wanted to go to school. With no other symptoms, I took him.

Stanton was excited when he walked into the school. He ran right in his classroom and hung up his backpack! When I picked him up he looked tired, but was still all smiles. He even gave every child a hug before leaving. His teacher said he had a good day. When I got him in the car I looked and noticed out of the 10 ounces of formula I sent, he only drank 2. No wonder he seemed tired and lethargic…..I thought. So, he drank another 2 ounces in the car on the way to speech therapy. At therapy he began complaining that his ear and head hurt. Sure enough, his left ear is draining.
As soon as we got home he sat down at our kitchen island and started profusely vomiting…..everywhere. Once I calmed him down, got his wet clothes off, sponge bathed him and settled him down on the couch in just a diaper, he fell asleep. Thankfully his draining ear was facing up, so I dug around in his cabinet and found some left over antibiotic single dose ear drops and gave him dose. I haven’t decided if I’ll take him to the pediatrician or not. I guess I’ll see how the rest of the afternoon goes and if need be, take him in the morning.

It’s only his second day of school. Looks like he’ll miss day three. Bummer!
I wish someone, somewhere, would connect the “dots.” I feel strongly they represent something more going on inside his little body…hmmmm….

No comments:

Post a Comment