Monday, August 8, 2011

Big Boy Stuff

My last post did jinx us a bit. Stanton was very sick last week with the all too familiar upper respiratory gunk. Thankfully this episode stayed in his airway and didn’t seem to drift down into his lungs. But, we were on hourly breathing treatments for 24 hours and then they slowly faded to every two hours, every four hours and eventually only twice a day. By Friday he seemed to be back to his normal.

The breathing treatment cave

Now for our “Big Boy Stuff” news !

Stanton has successfully transitioned into his “Big Boy Bed!” He seems really proud about it too, which is pretty cute! He is sleeping through the night and says it’s “comfy.” We are in the process of painting baby girl’s room, so not all of the furniture has been moved yet. Once Stanton’s room is finished, I’ll post pictures.

The other “Big Boy Stuff” news in our household is that today Stanton started Pre-K! He went right in the classroom, said “hi everybody” and let the teacher help him find his cubby for his backpack and things. I didn’t know if I should feel proud or sad….he didn’t seem to care that I was leaving. This – my little boy who I’ve held through illness after illness for so long. He’s no longer clingy and needy. He’s becoming a little person!
He said school was fun and his teacher is nice. I asked about his friends and names, but Stanton said “I don’t want to talk about it anymore.” I had to laugh, as that sounds like something I’d say! The school sent home two worksheets from class. Both were tracing activities: tracing shapes and letters. Stanton just scribbled on the shapes page, but on the letters page, it looks like he actually attempted to trace a few with a pencil. I really pray the rest of the week goes as smoothly as today!


Enjoying his class

No comments:

Post a Comment