Friday, December 31, 2010

Wrapping up 2010

As 2010 comes to an end, we have great news....Stanton does not have Cystic Fibrosis.  The test results returned negative!  John and I really didn't think this was the issue at hand.  Having the negative results though, is really a sigh of relief for us.

On Monday we took Stanton for blood and urine samples.  These will be sent to the Mayo clinic and tested for a variety of metabolic disorders, liver enzyme functions, organic acid functions, plasma levels and fatty acid oxidation.  I'm not sure when those results will return...but I'll of course keep everyone posted as soon as we know something.

2011 should be exciting: full of answers and progress!

On Wednesday Stanton and I traveled to Hattiesburg and had a behavior psychology evaluation with Dr. Kimberly Bellipanni at Will's Way.  She was wonderful!  I'm so excited to have found her.  After spending the last six years at John's Hopkins working with FEEDING, she decided to move home to Mississippi and open a clinic!  We will get started next Thursday with regular feeding sessions. I'm excited about her plan and her approach. I think it's a perfect fit for us.  I have homework before our first session! Dr. Bellipanni asked me to bring five foods, each in it's own container, to our next session.  Three should be something Stanton seems to enjoy and two should be something I'd like for him to eat.  This will be a stretch...maybe sweet potato puffs, marshmallows, veggie cheese, a chick-fil-a nugget, and toast?  That's about all he'll attempt these days.  I'm also to pick two movies that Stanton really likes and hide them away.  We will use these as motivators during the session.  She explained that this is much like when we go on a diet we give up dessert, then, the next time we eat our favorite slice of chocolate pie, it tastes even better than we remembered!  Well, for Stanton, food doesn't trigger that pleasure response, but movies do.  So, if he goes all week without watching Mater's Tall Tells, it will be a big motivator for him in our sessions. Cars Toon: Mater's Tall Tales (Two Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo)

No comments:

Post a Comment