Wednesday, September 15, 2010

It Starts With a Kiss

I still am not completely sure how to put this post into words....but here I go...

Stanton ate a dark chocolate Hershey Kiss on Sunday... and on Monday....and on Tuesday....
Okay - so not today, but there are so many tiny surprises intertwined in this victory:
  • He hasn't thrown-up since last week - chocolate is staying down
  • He requested "more chocolate" 
  • I had to tell my non-eating child that he couldn't eat anymore (after 4 pieces)
  • He chewed and swallowed each piece without gagging or drama
  • He told me this morning that chocolate makes his tummy happy
Chocolate in his tummy makes me happy too - so happy that I can't stop tearing up just thinking about it!

Here's proof:

3 comments:

  1. Yay for chocolate!
    Quick question? Remember when I said 4/5 had relfux. Ya 4/5 had pukey reflux, littlest has silent grrrr I hate this, she was prescribed nexium, and I need to figure out how to order the buffer buddies, the cost alone of compounding it in my city(1 day a month we have a compounding pharmacist)would be just easier to do it myself. What do I do now? (she for the moment has the "satchet" samples to get us through and that ends up being an ounce(15mg) when mixed or in my terms 36 calories I wont get into her in pediasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina - Dr. Jeffery Phillips at MARCI-KIDS has been so helpful for me. He told me exactly how to mix the medication. It's all based on your child's weight and the medication you'll be mixing it with. I called and didn't get a great response - so I'd suggest emailing him. His email is listed in the contact us section of their website. Let me know if you need help finding him!

    ReplyDelete