Friday, August 23, 2013

Kindergarten!!!


Had that moment today...the freshness of grieving again the loss of "normal" associated with Stanton.   I know some of you understand exactly what I'm talking about.  Certain things just bring it all back...all we've been through with him.  Stanton started kindergarten last week.  He's at a public school that has everything he needs and the added bonus of a fabulous teacher.  It really is a great fit for our family!

Today was his first "hard and emotional" day.  The iep intervention teacher personally called me to fill me in.  Which is awesome!  The staff actually communicates and wants parental involvement.  But...as soon as I hung up the phone that feeling of sadness filled me.  How many of my other friends have sent their child to school and had to deal with ieps and services and medications and accommodations and today received a phone call from the school.  So, I had a little cry and thought I'd share.  We've all been there and will be again!

Here are some cute first day of school pictures for you to enjoy!




He really has come a LONG way!

xoxo,
Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment