Friday, March 18, 2011

Long Time, No Blog!

A friend's email prompted the title of this post.  She was just making sure all was ok with Stanton. I realize it has been a really LONG time since I sat down and put together an update. For that – I apologize. We are still here and working very hard to keep Stanton moving forward. He is actually now eating a few bites of banana and peanut butter crackers! Yesterday he ate half a pancake with syrup! It’s amazing for us to watch it all unfold. Slow and steady wins the race.

There are several factors that have gotten in the way of my computer time....

1. I picked up a couple of extra afternoons of work. I teach music on Mondays. I also do some programming for a local camp and retreat center. The center would like for me to work 20 hours a week, but so far, I maybe get in 8 – 10 hours a week. So, I found a sitter that Stanton really likes and now am going into the office on Tuesdays , Wednesdays and Saturdays.

2. Stanton has decided napping isn't for him. This means I no longer have ANY downtime or time to stop think anymore. On the one day a week he might decide to nap I’m at work or running around crazy cleaning and catching up around the house.

3. It’s tax season! I do our taxes using Turbo Tax ....so for a couple of weekends I secluded myself and finally e-filed them last week

4. Stanton’s been sick twice since my last post. It seems like when he’s sick, everything just takes a step back and we spend a good week catching up. Between doctor appointments, breathing treatments, therapy evaluations and endless sleepless nights, I’m exhausted.

5. The biggest reason is that I'm 12 weeks pregnant! I’m not sure who coined the term “morning sickness.” It must have been a man as I’m sick from 4:30 on. I feel like I’m riding in the back of a car while trying to read….motion sickness. I can't sit up or move without throwing up so once John gets home from work, I just don’t move unless absolutely necessary.
I know – excuses, excuses…..but here I sit, finally blogging again while sipping a Sprite and nibbling on saltines.

Thanks for waiting,

Ginger

1 comment:

  1. Banana and peanut butter crackers AND 12 weeks pregnant! God is so good. I am celebrating with you today!

    ReplyDelete